Saturday, July 19, 2008

Very Embarrassing Moment!

Can you imagine wearing these to the temple?!!!
I had a chance to go to the temple the other day to do baptisms for the dead with Crystal. This was her first time to go, after being baptized 2 months ago. She was to meet me at my house then we would drive over together, about a 20 min. drive. I got up early and put my dress on, I had a few last min. things to do before she came over. Instead of running around in my dress, high heal shoes, I quickly threw on my flip flops to run an errand in town. I got home and was doing a quick pick up of the house when she came. We were a little late, so I grabbed my purse and we headed to the temple. She was so nervous, but excited, and was very happy I was going with her. We pulled up to the temple, got out of the car, and as we were walking to the front doors, I looked down and realized I still had my flops on! I could not believe I left them on. I was so embarrassed and didn't know if I could go in. I decided I better go in. It truly didn't matter if I had my flip flops on, I was going to do work for the dead, and helping out Crystal. I tried to hide my feet as much as possible, and was explaining right and left what had happened so the sweet temple workers could understand. They were very understanding and said these things happen.:) We were baptized and confirmed for 10 people each, (it was a strange feeling getting into the water, I hadn't been there since I was a Young Woman). Crystal and I felt the spirit strong as we were doing the confirmations. She was excited that we helped 20 people get baptized. I am so blessed to have gone and had this experience with her, and do this work for those who do not have the bodies to do so.

5 comments:

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

I had another good laugh as I read your last two blogs! It justs brings back some fun memories of all of you children growing up and being in a hurry to get somewhere and not having on the right clothes!! Janice Johnson went to the Idaho Falls temple once in pants because she was there without a skirt and didn't want to go buy one.

Anny said...

What's wrong with those shoes? Hee hee, you are so funny. What were you doing, organizing something?

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

that's pretty funny but I have to admit I see a lot of people here in AZ wearing flip flops to the temple! So next time it happens say, "what? I'm from AZ!" Haha!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Just a little FYI- I have ben listening to your music for hours - LOVE IT!!!!! I mute everyone elses and just listen to yours while I'm blogging!

kimberly said...

that is hillarious but i would be embarrassed also. great experience to hear about. miss you. hope to see you soon