I wish I would have taken a picture of my class at church. Today I was set apart for my calling, Sunday school teacher for the 14 year olds. I actually received and was sustained with this calling back in May. It was a combined class at first, having 9-13 students, but now I have between 5 and 7, depending if they come to class. I do miss the Primary kids a lot, but it is fun to be with these youth. Sammy is one of my students, and it is a joy to see his knowledge and wittiness in a different aspect.
With each knew calling comes more growth. I know I grew enormously with my last calling as Primary President, but I find myself growing in different ways with this calling too. I get to prepare a lesson each week, which can be tricky. We use the same manual as the Gospel Doctrine class, so I have to find ways to make it fun for these youth. (Once I read from my journal from when I was 15 to show the kids the importance of journal writing, they got a kick out of that). I am thankful for callings, I know we are called by the Lord at the time WE need them.
+Becca%27s+Blog+Pic.jpg)


3 comments:
The Lord is lucky to have you as his servant! You do a great job at whatever you are called to do!
Callings are definitely a blessing for the giver and those receiving the service. You are an incredible member of the church.
Sorry, I am so long in reading blogs. I went back this far so not sure what I missed. One usually gets callings where one can grow. You will do great in any calling because you give 100% to it.
Post a Comment