I usually have purchased the pictures that the school takes each year. They can be pricey for what I want. This year I decided to take the pictures myself. I've been wanting to do this for a month now, I never made a set date or time, and always seemed so busy.
Sammy - 16 years old - Junior
Then I hear that Anny was coming for one day, for a tooth appointment. I have always loved her photos.Jackson - 12 years old - 6th grader
She is so creative with the kids and backgrounds. When I asked her to help me take pictures of the kids, she said she would love to, just find a place to get them taken at and gave me some ideas.
Aliza - 10 years old - 5th grader
Old fence, big field, big red barn, etc. It took me a couple of days to think of a place. As I drove around, I would be looking for these things. Then it hit me, Aliza's 3rd grade teacher (Jackson's 1st grade teacher), Mrs. Johnson, had a farm with a big red barn. Each year the 3rd graders would go there on a field trip to her pumpkin patch.
Old fence, big field, big red barn, etc. It took me a couple of days to think of a place. As I drove around, I would be looking for these things. Then it hit me, Aliza's 3rd grade teacher (Jackson's 1st grade teacher), Mrs. Johnson, had a farm with a big red barn. Each year the 3rd graders would go there on a field trip to her pumpkin patch.Maren - 7 years old - 2nd grader
Yesterday, I picked up Anny, went to lunch with the office, then drove over to Mrs. Johnson's farm. The kids were out of school, so she was there working with her husband. She happened to be out and we talked to her for a little bit, then asked if we could come back later with the kids to take some pictures. She loved the idea, and said that another professional photographer was coming that evening for a photo shoot with a senior.
Anny went to her appointment and I helped get the kids ready for the shoot. We got there around 4:00, it was a sunny day, but at that time of day, there were some good shade. Jackson had to get to football practice, so we were trying to get him done first. He was a little stressed out, but had some good pictures turn out. I love how he's not trying to smile in one of his pictures.
Anny captured some great shots of the kids with a little of their personalities coming out. I've posted some of my favorites, but there are plenty more.
It was the perfect place to be, fields, old structures (concrete silo, wooden shed, wooden box car) green chair with a pond, and a big red barn.Jackson was only 15 min. late for practice, not bad. When the other kids were done, we found some fun pumpkins to buy so we can carve them later.
Thanks again Anny! The kids had fun posing for their aunt.



+Becca%27s+Blog+Pic.jpg)


8 comments:
Great pictures! Beautiful kids! They turned out way better than what you get from school pictures. I need a better camera so I can do my own too.
I love them!!! What a great place to take pictures, too. Great job!
Holy Cow. AMAZING! Absolutely love them. What fun variety too. Your kids are beautiful!!!! They must get it from their Mom. :)
Wow, those turned out really great!
They are great!! Love those beautiful nieces and handsome nephews!!
I can't think of a better evening in Montana! Thank you for letting me spend time with your wonderful children, they are beautiful and so fun!
You do such a great job taking pictures. Very smart to do your own rather than school pictures. My cousin who is a photographer gets hers developed at mpix.com on the metallic paper, it makes the pictures look really great (if you don't already know about that site).
Like it! Looked a litle cold, though.
Post a Comment