When I didn't think we could be more crazy, something comes up to prove me wrong. We have had this week off more months. We have had no idea what we were going to do this week. Not even when we got in the car and drove away. We had thought about the Redwood Forest, but Sam thought it would be too far. I thought we were going to go though.
Here is a text between Anny and Myself---Anny: Did you leave yet? Where are you going? Me: We just left half hour ago. I think we are heading south to California. We are still throwing out ideas for up here area but kids all want to go south. I do not want to go to California. We were even going to haul the camper down there had it at the house and ready to be packed but decided to drive van instead. We cannot make up our minds. Anny: So funny. So you left but don't know where u r going? Let's all go to Moab:) Not the redwoods huh. Me: Nope. I'm sad about that. We are going to Huntington Beach area. Just like every year. Boring. Anny: I'm sorry
So, we left Saturday late morning, and decided down the road to drive straight through. We got to Corona, CA at 6:30 a.m. I called up Aaron to see if we could stop by and have a little rest while they went to church. I feel bad that we always pop in to Aaron's, but they were up for it. We saw them for about an hour. Watched the kids play and get ready for church, then we slept for a few hours, grabbed our beach stuff, then headed off to the usual hotel. I know in my text I didn't want to go to California, but once we decided to go, I was excited and hoped we would do some different things.
This trip we had three days. We decided to do Hollywood, the beach, and Disneyland.
HOLLYWOOD
We walked around for a little bit, then got tickets to go on a tour bus throughout Hollywood and Beverly Hills.
We stopped to see the Hollywood sign, but as you can, it can barley be seen. Oh well. The guide pointed out where Justin Beaber's house (well roof) was across the valley and the girls loved that.
THE BEACH
Maren brought her Activity Days dog, Wags, along and we had to get pictures to put in his scrap book.
Even though it was a little over cast, the kids has a blast boogie boarding again.
This time however, thanks to Anny's suggestion, we rented bikes and went for a good hour long ride up and down the beach. Sammy and Maren road together on a tandem bike.
Sam was up in the front and I was in the back. Some how I feel better in the back making sure no one is left behind.
So Cute!
Aliza
This isn't my favorite picture, but I did want one of Sam and I on the bikes.
DISNEYLAND
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!
Of course the kids all wanted to go to Disneyland again. So we went. Sam stayed for quite a while today. He did have to go back to rest his back for a little while. The lines weren't too bad. Even though it was the 4th of July.
The girls did bring their Ears from last time so we didn't have to purchase new ones this year.
We did go on the submarine ride this year which we had never been on before. We probably won't go on it again.
We got to go on Splash Mountain before the line got too big. It was fun to see the picture at the end. Not a bad picture of a picture.
Sam, Jackson, and Sammy were ready to go back to the hotel before the fireworks, so they left and the girls and I stayed. It was a beautiful show with beautiful old fashion American music in the background.
It really ended up being a great time in California. How could it not. On our way out of town, we dropped our beach stuff back off to Brock and said good bye.
Well, who knows maybe we'll be back next year.
Even though I really want to go to the Redwoods.





+Becca%27s+Blog+Pic.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment