Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sammy's Mission Call

Well, it's here.  The call that we have been waiting for for 18 1/2 years.  Sammy has been called to the Louisville Kentucky Mission!


His call was sent to him in Provo on Wednesday, but he didn't pick it up until Friday from the mail.  We arranged to have him go to Anny's that night and read it to us over Face Time.  Anny invited family there to go over, and I invited family here to come over and listen in.  Anny's family, Kass's family, Rhonda,  Kenzie, and mom where there in Utah and Clint and Amy's family, Kenny and Jodi and Family came over and we had Kelli and Dana watching through Face Time on Sam's iPad.  It was fun.  
When I heard him say 'Louisville Kentucky Mission' there was a big excitement and congratulations.  I knew immediately that was where he was supposed to go.  He had such a glow while reading it and couldn't stop smiling.  


He leaves July 10th.  It seems so quick.  We have lots to do.


Anny was so great and made a cake for Sammy (per his request which was a joke, but she did it anyway) She went the extra mile and put flags from different countries anticipating where he might go.
We had a list going from everyone on where he might go.  Jim got it right on. He said Kentucky three weeks before he received his call.  Crazy. 
I know Sammy.... Elder Pollock....  will be an excellent missionary and am so pleased with his decision to serve the Lord and Preach His Gospel.  
I love you so much!!!!  Congratulations!!

2 comments:

Kass said...

That was a fantastic day & he will be incredible out there! So excited & sad that the wave of our kids leaving us has begun.

Abs said...

That was so fun! Congrats!