Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Project of the week: Make a quilt

This week I needed to get a quilt made for a friend, Crystal, who is getting baptized this Saturday. She asked me to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. I thought it would be fun to give her a nice quilt along with the talk.
Mom came to visit this past weekend to see the dance recital of Aliza and Maren (to be posted later) and Sammy in his piano recital and Jackson play baseball. When I picked her up from the airport, I mentioned that I needed to pick out some fabric for a quilt. Well, she said, "Let's go right now and look for it." I wasn't sure, she had just got off the airplane, and had just got back from Arizona the day before. I thought we should go home and let her rest. Well, Janice would not have it. She said, "I'm fine, lets get it done so we can start working on it." So, we took a couple of hours and went to a few fabric stores and found the perfect material for Crystal. Mom was ready to go home and rest. Good thing Jackson's game was cancelled.
Saturday mom sewed the materials together while I was at the dress rehersal with the girls. She wanted to help me get it on the quilting frames and ready to tie before she left for home on Monday.
I guess after thinking about it, she decided to stay until Tuesday and help me tie and finish the edging. I think she was worried I didn't know what I was doing. She was right. I think I would have figured it out, but it was very nice to have her there, telling me step by step what needed to be done next. We got it tied and the edging done on Monday, just in time for her to watch one of Jackson's baseball games.


I am so thankful for mom in helping me with my project of the week. I know it would have taken longer than two days to get it done if it wasn't for her.
Thank you MOM!!!

4 comments:

Anny said...

Yeah, it looks great! How exciting for Crystal! She is getting baptized and gets a new quilt! I'm so proud of you for doing this and I bet it was super nice to have moms help!

Kass said...

Wow! That is darling. I have got to get on the ball & start on some projects around our house. Mom is the best project partner I know. Glad she was there to help.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I love the colors of the quilt But best of all I love the picture of you and your Mom and your little cutie! That will be one to treasure!

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

What a nice thing for you to have this journal of remembrance. It was a fun time for me to help with this project. I can only go so long without making a quilt of some kind, you know. Hopefully, Crystal will appreciate and enjoy this quilt for a very long time, but more importantly, it will help her remember the precious gift of the Holy Ghost she received that day.