Sunday, May 11, 2008

To our Mothers

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY...
JANICE AND LARAE
Mother- daughter Merry Miss activity May 1979
Sam and I want to thank our mothers for all they have done to nourish, love, and teach us all that we know.
Easter Sunday April, 1971
Caption reads: Sammy and his Mama

Sorry Aaron, this was the only family picture I had.



They were mothers to many children, Janice 10 and LaRae 9.




LaRae is no longer with us, she passed away 5 1/2 years ago due to cancer. We have great memories of her as a mother and mother-in-law and miss her terribly. She always had a beautiful smile on her face and loved and accepted everyone. I am so thankful for her insight in knowing that Sam should take me out. She bugged him and bugged him to take me out. She told him, "Take Becca out just once, that's all I'm asking." I'm thankful that Sam listened to his mother and took me out. That's all it took.

With youngest son David, 2 months before she passed away.


Janice has been a wonderful mother and mother-in-law to us. She has been a great example of living the gospel to the fullest. She is always thinking of others, even when she is sick and weak. She is always on the go, every time I talk to her she has some new adventure in the works...Climbing Mt. Timp. (twice); going on two different missions (Jamaica, Nauvoo); taking in her home, children and other people at different times in their lives; going on many trips...mostly visiting family, but some fun ones as well; and lately, dealing with a recent illness.

Mother - daughter fun trip to England. Sept, 2007

We love our mothers!!! Thank you for all you've done for us.

3 comments:

Anny said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mothers. I agree they are both amazing women. I am glad Sam listened to his mother also. If he didn't, I wouldn't be married to Jim. Those pictures are awesome. Elle and Kenzie love how great their mother looked as a teenager, and the clothes. Wow!

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

I feel a great privilege to be your mother and mother-in-law. Thanks for being there for me, too, and living the gospel of Jesus Christ. The pictures are fun to see.

Kass said...

Great post! The older I get the more I realize how exceptional our Mom is & LaRae also. Truly elect ladies!