Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cousins Camp (Part 2) --- Montana Madness

Cousins Camp in Montana What a wonderful time we had for the 2Nd part of cousins camp in Montana. We started off with celebrating the 4Th of July. Anny, Jim and kids, and Kass and kids made it just in time for a Backyard BBQ. We had some of Sam's family, and some friends come over for the occasion. Laurel and Matt even brought a snow cone machine! What a hit that was.


Maren enjoying a yummy snow cone
While most of us were playing and eating in the backyard.....


Some of us were in the front driveway blowing up firecrackers in a glass bottle. (Yes, the bottle ended up broken, but no one was injured.)Zack, Max and Patrick having some fun
We then headed to the main park for the State famous fireman's fireworks. We enjoyed listening to the music beforehand, and watching the kids dance, do some gymnastic moves, and play some games.
If one kid buys some cool light enhancing glasses, they all have to get some. Thanks a lot Sammy who started it all:)
Max, Paige, Zack, Jackson before the fireworks show
We enjoyed a wonderful show, with some very patriotic music to go along. Very inspiring

Maren and Aliza my beautiful girls!
On Saturday, we decided to go to Red Lodge and enjoy the town and the Beartooth Mtns.
We ordered some pizza and while waiting we had fun going to the candy store. The kids were quick to find just the right candy for them.
We took the pizza to the top of the Beartooth overlook, we thought there would be some picnic tables, but when there were none, we threw out some blankets and ate in the parking lot. We had some looks, and some fun comments from people, but enjoyed the cool air and view.

Maren loves making sure the younger ones are well taken care of.
We went a little further up the mountain, and ran into some left over spring snow. It felt so nice after 90 plus weather down below.
We brought some sleds, and the kids had a fun time doing a little sledding.
Across the street, the kids wrote their names on the wall of snow. Which led to.......
The boys finding a better hill to sled on. They even got hot and had to take their shirts off.
Jackson, Zack and Max just getting down the hill
After getting home, Sam and Jim went golfing. It was a nice evening, so we enjoyed watching and taking pictures of the boys playing basketball.
They got a little hot and had to take their shirts off:)
Jackson slam dunking with a beautiful rainbow in the background. The girls were in the backyard jumping and getting wet while the sprinklers were on. They were having so much fun. I guess their pants were getting a little too heavy so....... They had to take their pants off. Good thing their shirts were long enough.
Of course we had to get cute pictures of Brooklynn and Bree. So fun. I believe Sammy was up playing the Wii, I guess basketball wasn't his thing.
Sunday--The kids were great help shucking corn while waiting for Zack to get back from the E.R. Yes, we did have an accident on the trampoline........
Zack broke his arm while jumping off, or doing some sort of trick. He sure was a trooper about the whole thing. The kids used a couple rolls of toilet paper to help make Zack feel better, I think it worked.
Monday-- I was up at 5:00 to get Sammy to the church for Scout Camp, then had to take Jackson to gymnastics at 7:00. A little later, Anny, Kass and I took the two girls and Blake to Kiddie Kandis for a fun filled and enjoyable time of trying to get them to smile. I became "Auntie" by the photographer. "Auntie" was needed to help the kids smile. I think it worked a little bit. We did a little shopping, then went home to do a little blogging.:)
Tuesday--This was a fun filled day, we started with us three "camp counselors" getting a little R&R with GOLFING!!!

Our main goal was to relax and have fun. I guess I was a little worried with making people wait for us since we spent more time looking for our balls and taking pictures. There were only three groups that played through. I guess that's not too bad.
Later that day, we took the kids roller skating (we felt they should do something instead of staying home all week) Max and Jackson having a blast!

Aliza being a great skater after practicing last year.
I usually sit and enjoy watching the kids have fun. It was even funner being out there playing and skating with the kids!

Wednesday--We had a late start on Wednesday. Kass got scary sick, which ended up being the stomach flu, and was down for most of the day. Jackson started throwing up when he got home from Gymnastics and was in bed for most of the rest of the day. Our original plans were to take the boat out around 2:00 and play until Sam got out there after work. With some sick, we decided not to go until Sam got off work to help us more. Kass and Jacks were filling a little better by then and were able to join us.
Jackson out on the knee board with Max waiting his turn.
The three 5 year olds getting ready to go. Aliza and Abby ready for some fun!!!
(Little did they know that a few hours later they too would be throwing up all night)

Thursday--Our last real day of cousins camp was Big Splash, the most wanted thing to do while in Montana, but not before us "camp counselors" getting another R&R with a great 1 hour massage from DONNA, this is one of the things we look forward to the most while here. Unfortunately, Abby and Aliza were still not well enough to go to Big Splash, so I stayed home while they rested, and the the 1 year olds slept. It was a good time to get the house back in order and a little cleaned. It felt good. Thanks to Anny and Kass, they took some great pictures for me.
Max and Jacks resting a while I suppose
What a great picture to end with. It just says to me, "What a fun week! We sure are pooped."

I know this was a very long post, and a month late. With being so busy this summer and some internet trouble, this is the first time I have really had time to work on this.

I am so glad we have been able to continue our cousins camp. I know with the kids getting older, it will be harder and harder to get them all together (Sammy being at scout camp), but he was here the first few days at least. I enjoy getting together as much as possible with family, whether it being with mine or Sams. I am thankful for and love all my and Sams family. I am thankful for the knowledge of the great Plan of Salvation. Knowing that we can be together FOREVER brings me great peace. Until next year.........:) :) :)

2 comments:

Kass said...

That was so awesome! I can't believe it's already been over a month since we came. Next year better get here fast. I love the pict of all the kids w/ the fake casts by Zack. I didn't get that one.

Anny said...

Yea! You finally got the pictures to work. They turned out cute, except for the one with the boys playing with fireworks. I didn't know they were doing that! Busted! Thanks for being a great host, we had the best time!