Sunday, February 8, 2009

An Interesting Letter

A couple of weeks ago, we received a letter from the High School, inviting Sammy to be in The Yellowstone Academic Tournament. They asked if he would be interested and to let them know. They could only take 9 students, so to get the sign up letter back ASAP. The letter came on a Friday, I opened it up on a Tuesday. I got it in, not thinking he would get in......BUT, Friday, we received a letter that said......"Congratulations, You have been selected as a participant......".

Soooo, next Tuesday, Sammy (our little (BIG) freshman) will be a teammate with 4 others, (three 11th graders, and the others 9th and 10th), against 15 Varsity and 12 Jr. Varsity teams from Montana and Wyoming for the Battle of the Brains!!

GOOD LUCK BUD!

6 comments:

Anny said...

That is awesome and doesn't surprise me at all! Little (big) smarty pants.

Anonymous said...

Congradulations Man!! How did you get so lucky, the smarts, good looks, and a ton more hair than your Dad (don't tell him I said that ;)

Brock said...

Awesome! I'm sure Sammy will do great. Keep me posted.

Brock said...

Awesome! I'm sure Sammy will do great. Keep me posted.

Megan said...

That is so cool!! What a neat experience that will be for him and something that he will always remember!

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

You haven't said anything about Sammy being in a tournament. Was that today? He can't help but do well. He is soooo smart! Let me know the results, O.K.?