August 9, 2009
Every month we pay a certain amount of money for insurance for our cars. Just in case we hit somebody, just in case they hit us, but don't have insurance, just in case......
Well, this "just in case" was a blessing we didn't think existed.
This story has a plethora of BLESSINGS
On our way back from the Oleson reunion on top of the Big Horn Mountains, our drive shaft snapped in half and tore up everything underneath the truck.
We were BLESSED to breakdown in a spot that we could pull off the road (most of the mountain is straight down).
We were BLESSED to have Clint's motorcycle in the back of the truck so Sam could ride 20 miles back to a lodge and make a phone call (of course no cell service).
We were BLESSED that Sam got a hold of Clint and Amy who were in Lovell by then so Amy could find a tow truck and Clint could turn around and pick the kids and I up and bring the camper down the mountain. It was a long day..... we were planning on being home around 4 or 5. We waited in Lovell for Sam to get down the mountain with the truck in tow.
We were BLESSED that Kenny, who had just gotten home from the reunion, turned around and drove another 3 hours to pick us up and take us home. Clint and Amy didn't have room in their car for all of us. We got home at midnight.
We were BLESSED that Sam had the week off so he could go back with Kenny's truck and a trailer to pick up the truck from Lovell and tow it to our auto repair place here in Laurel.
Our truck was in the auto shop for 3 1/2 weeks waiting for parts, transmission, etc. It was a $7000.00 repair. OUCH!! (we were 7,000 miles over or we would have had warranty). One of the workers told us that the insurance may pay for this because one thing broke down, and because of that, everything else was ruined (road hazard). We gave it a try. So, the biggest BLESSING of the story.............. After three weeks of working with the insurance, they ended up paying for EVERYTHING, minus the $250 deductible.
Now, if we could be blessed with our insurance NOT going up because of this........
+Becca%27s+Blog+Pic.jpg)


7 comments:
WOW that is quite a story. You were truly blessed! I wish I would have done the 52 blessings this year. I sure love it! Next year I will for sure - thanks for keeping up with the challenge♥
Oh my, I am so glad you recorded this story. I didn't know the amount for repairs and am soooo glad your insurance paid. Wow, glad everyone was safe!
How come I haven't heard this story? Where was I? What a blessing the insurance paid for it. I can't imagine getting that bill!! I'm glad you were all safe.
All I can say is you're livin' right Pollocks. Keep it up and congrats on a huge blessing!
Isn't it nice when things work out in our favor? This truly was a blessing for your family. But really sorry that you had to go thru it in the first place!
Isn't it nice when things work out in our favor? This truly was a blessing for your family. But really sorry that you had to go thru it in the first place!
WOW!!
Thats A LOT of BLESSINGS!!
Post a Comment