Sunday, September 27, 2009

Blessing #35 Our Health

A Norman Rockwell Photo.

I'm not one that gets sick very often, my kids have their moments, but it doesn't seem too bad.  I don't often think about my health, and what a blessing it is to have it, until I don't.

It all started four days before school started.  Aliza got sick with a fever, headache, and nauseous.  She got better two days before school.  Maren then got sick after getting home from the first day of school, and was out of school the rest of the week.  Sam got sick that weekend.  I mean SICK.  We tried to go on a boating date, and ended up with him vomiting most the time and me driving home.  Jackson was sick Sunday and Monday..... So far, Sammy and I had not gotten sick.  I was hoping I was out of the clear, until I started feeling a little feverish and achy

 It was our Anniversary weekend, and I wasn't feeling too bad, just a little soar throat, so Friday Sam and I went golfing, then to Red Lodge for a night get a way (thanks Amy for watching the kids).  Sam started to not feel well either that night, I was feeling worse.  We went out to eat, then went back to the hotel and we both had the worst night EVER.  Our bodies ached, my throat was burning, and the Advil was in the car.  Neither one of us wanted to go get it at 2:00 in the morning.  We both had the thought at 5:00 a.m. to just go home and sleep in our own bed, but we ended up leaving at 11:00.  We got home and went to bed for another three hours and still felt horrible.  We were planning on a LaRae Dinner that night with Clint and Amy, Tony and Dana, Kenny and Jodi and Mike and Kelli.  I called and told them we were sick, but they still wanted to do it.  They came over, I did nothing, just laid around.  I was hoping no one would catch what we had (I don't think anyone did get sick).  I don't know why we didn't think of going to the Dr. that day, but Sunday came and went, we were in bed all day.  Monday was Labor Day, Sam decided to go to the Dr.  He ended up having Strep.  I then got some meds called in for myself.  I started feeling better Tuesday, but Wednesday felt a lot better. 

Sammy never did get sick, I'm glad for that.  After about three weeks of at least one of us being sick, I am very blessed for the Health that we have.  

3 comments:

Zman said...

Strep is the worst. It seems like I just went through that. I know it was hard to be away from home but be grateful that you didn't have 3 little kids calling your name, needing you. You were able to rest. Great blessing!

Zman said...

That last comment was from Anny - Sorry

Kass said...

This is a great blessing! I know that I feel like I need to do more and help more because I have been given a pretty pain-free life! Sorry about the lo-ng sick cycle at your house. Those are the worst!