After our walk on Monday, Kass and I stayed at my moms with the kids so we can all be together and not have to meet somewhere. After Summer Bridges were done, we piled in two vans and headed west to the Oqurrih Mountains to the Kennecott Copper Mine.
Mom is not in any of our pictures, because she was in the car when we were taking them. She was a little pooped after her walk.

I've always seen this amazing mountain site while in the valley, so it was amazing to see how things actually worked and how the mountain ends up that way.
We met our cousin Trina with her kids and started the fun.
The visitors center was very interesting with a great movie that the kids enjoyed learning from.

Trina, Kass, Anny, Becca
The Camp Counselors

It's amazing how big these trucks are. You can get a small glimpse from the size of their tires.
Jackson requested visiting the Great Salt Lake this Cousins Camp. So after Kennecott, we drove along the mountains to Saltair, had a picnic lunch in front, then walk out to the "Beach", then out to the water. It was a very long walk.

Of course the kids are always faster than the adults, so by the time we got to the water they were all in, clothes and all. It was shallow, so they kept going out farther and farther, then sideways. They were getting a little too far, so I had to run, quite fast, to get them back to where we were. They were very hard of hearing as well :)
The boys found a little pool of fish, and tried to catch them. They were having a blast, and we would have stayed there a lot longer, but we were not prepared with sunscreen, swim suits, towel, etc. Why not? We were going to a beach!

With the beautiful scenery, we tried to get the perfect picture with these girls, they weren't cooperating very well, so this is the best we got. (Nice open mouth Aliza)

It was a great day to start the week off.
Two great places that I haven't visited before.



+Becca%27s+Blog+Pic.jpg)


1 comment:
Becca! I just saw your comment on my blog...I would love for you to come and visit this summer! I hope you get to :) Also, Eliza is turning into a young lady!!!!!! She is darling
Post a Comment