Sunday, November 6, 2011

October Happenings

October flew by faster than September. So much has happened in October. I was called (actually the end of September) to be the 2nd counselor in the Young Women's, so that means every Wednesday activities plus some. I have enjoyed it so far. Every 1st Wednesday is a combined activity with the Young Men. This month we went to a corn maze. There were a lot of kids there (for our ward anyway). I think we had about 35 there all together.
The first picture below I took while we were waiting in line to get in. Patrick and some other kids were in there, but also, if you look real close, just to the left of Patrick's shoulder shining bright is the Billings Temple. I thought it looked much bigger in real life. When we finally found our way out, we played on a bunch of slides and toys that were there. It's funny that in some of the photos you can see the straw flying around in the air. The last two pictures below are of Jackson sliding and Paige sliding down.
Jackson also had games every week. He played very well, and got better and better each week. I so enjoyed watching him. In the picture below, you can see him handing off (or pretending to hand off) the ball. He then passed it for someone to catch. In his last game, he was in as safety and caught an interception at the other teams 10 yard line and ran all the way down the field, zig zagging through everyone. He was about to go over the goal line, when someone grabbed the back of his collar and yanked him down. He sat down hard and was 1 foot from making a goal. It was amazing. Of-coarse a flag was thrown, and we ended up making a touchdown the next couple of plays, but Jackson was bummed he didn't make the touchdown.
Jackson and his neighbor friends saved this poor duck from a dog killing it. The dog had already killed two ducks and had this one in it's mouth. It was hurt and couldn't fly, so they kept it here to heal. A few days later they let it go. I think it's doing fine now.
The Middle School had a Red Ribbon week. One day was crazy hair day. Aliza put her hair in lots of pig tails and Jackson put one pig tail in his. Wednesday they walked around Laurel for "Walk the Walk and Talk the Talk" something to do with walking away from drugs. I was able to help pass out pizza and fruit for lunch for those who participated. Friday was retro day. The kids dressed up 80's style. I don't know how exact it was, but close enough right?
Sunday, the 30th, we were invited to Joleen's annual pumpkin carving party. This is our second year coming. Last year we brought the missionaries, so we thought we would invited these ones too. They had fun. Joleen's daughter, Jennifer, was a big help with Maren, which was nice for Sam and I. We didn't have to get our hands slimy.
Finally, Halloween. Jackson borrowed Aunt Dana's Lovell cheerleader's outfit, and bought a black long haired wig, which he cut and put in a pony tail (doesn't make sense to me), but I dropped him off at his friend Carver's house and a group of them walked around the neighborhood.
Aliza was a cowgirl, which in Montana I don't get. Don't a lot a people dress like this with out it being Halloween?
A few days before Halloween, the other Pollock kids and these two girls decided what to be. Karissa had a clown wig, so Maren decided to be a clown. I'm glad we found this clown costume for only $8.00. We even bought her a clown horn, but she forgot to take it with her.
Sammy wanted to be Sub Zero. He didn't go trick or treating, but on Saturday at the Trunk or Treat he dressed up as the Priests in the ward put on a Haunted House in the primary room. I think they had fun doing that. A few days before he showed me a picture of what he wanted me to make, and so I bought some cheep sheets, and made this outfit on Saturday. Crazy I know. I glued it all together, no sewing involved. Once he put it on, we had to pin a couple of places. Can't see a thing can you.
Amy picked the girls and I up, and we headed out. We started in our neighborhood. The kids ran from house to house, which, if you've been in our area, the homes are not so close together. We then proceeded to another neighborhood, and the kids ran to each house as well, for two hours. I think they got some exercise that night.
Kyla, Maren, Randon, Paige, Aliza
Other things we did this month:
  • Jackson got invisilign instead of braces.
  • Maren started dance lessons on Tuesday nights.
  • Aliza started playing basketball.
  • I started helping out in Maren's class two days a week.
  • Sammy started Debate again.
  • Did baptisms at the temple with the youth. It's been a long time since I've done that.
  • Organizing areas in the house.....still have lots to do.
  • Sam and Jackson hunting the last two weekends. (of course haven't shot anything yet)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Becca! I have loved browsing your blog today. I check in now and then but today I thought I would leave a comment. You guys look great. I miss you guys. I hope we can have a reunion some day. If you are ever in Wahington you must call the Ritchies! 509 554 9271