What a great way to spend Valentines night. Just over a week ago, Aliza turned 12. The most exciting thing about turning 12 (besides getting her ears pierced) was being able to go to the temple and do baptisms for the dead. She got her temple recommend the Sunday after her birthday, and had to wait a whole week and two days before going.
Finally, the day for our ward youth baptisms came, and it happened to fall on Valentines Day. But, that didn't matter. The temple workers (Bro. and Sis. Wells) were so good to make her first experience fantastic. Sam came and ended up doing confirmations on Aliza, Jackson, and Sammy. I was able to be in there which was wonderful. Then, we moved into the Baptistry and Sam performed the baptisms on Aliza, Sammy and Jackson while I handed out the towels. Sam continued to do baptisms on other youth while I went in and helped out in the bathroom. I loved watching the girls getting ready and doing each others hair.
The Spirit was strong tonight. I am thankful for this Gospel and the opportunities it gives us all to learn and grow. It was wonderful to have three of my kids and husband in the temple together.
+Becca%27s+Blog+Pic.jpg)


2 comments:
Wow! Sounds like a fabulous way to spend Valentine's night.
Awesome! Literally 4 weeks until I'm there!
Post a Comment