Monday, July 15, 2013

Family Vacation

We made the trip down to Anaheim, CA and stayed in our usual hotel at the Embassy Suites just down from Disneyland.  It was hard to leave Sammy, and a little strange to be on vacation without him, but it was the only time Sam had off, so we made the best of it.  The plan was to go down for a few days, Sam fly home on Sunday to work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, then fly back for our family reunion starting on Friday the next week in San Diego.  
The girls really wanted to go to Disneyland and California Adventures, but Sam and Jackson did not, so I took the girls and Sam and Jackson picked up the boogie boards from Aaron's work and went to the beach.  I took few pictures, but love the ones we took.  The last picture in the ride photos I have my eyes closed.  I wasn't feeling well, tired (blame it on my hyperparathyroidism), so I was enduring the ride with my eyes closed.  I think that was my last ride.  I was ready to leave at 5:00, but we stayed a little longer so the girls could get their fill.  We went on the Tower of Terrors for the first time.  The girls like it so much that we went again right away since the line wasn't very long.  I think I'm good for a lifetime with that ride.  :)
 We sent a picture to Sam (upper right) telling him what a fun time we were having.  This was around 5 when I needed to rest for a little bit explaining why we should be done.  It didn't work so well.


I took this picture of my beautiful girls in front of my favorite ride at Disneyland.  I'm glad they talked me into going.  I did have fun.


I think I almost forced these girls to go get their pictures taken with the princesses.  There was hardly any wait at all.  Usually there is a 2 hour wait.  I think it was 20 min.  Why wouldn't we go in?

Bell is Aliza's favorite, but we made due. Maren says Cinderella is her favorite.  I'm glad she was there for us.  My favorite is Sleeping Beauty.  I've always like the movie growing up.


I think the girls were glad once they were in there to get their photos with the princesses.


It's so sad that they are growing up so fast.  The magic is going away. :(


Saturday was beach day.  We had a great time as always.  I enjoyed the usual relaxing under the shaded umbrella on my beach chair enjoying my family.



Sunday, Sam didn't have to be at the airport until late afternoon, so we found a ward that met in the late morning and went to church.  We took Sam to the airport, then headed back to the hotel for one more night before heading to Aaron and Brock's to stay and play with them.  I had the kids write a little letter on the hotel's note pads to Sammy so he would get a letter from us while in the MTC.  He's only in there for 13 days.  We mailed them from the hotel Monday morning.

Thanks again Hon, for a wonderful trip to the South.

1 comment:

Abs said...

Once again, sounds so fun and beautiful pics!