Monday, January 12, 2009

FHE - Talent Night

For family home evening tonight, Maren and I gave a lesson from the friend about talents. We each performed or talked about 1 talent we each had. (we could have been there all night if we did more than one:) ) We went youngest to oldest.
Maren
She chose to do a dance from a song she performed at her dance recital last year. She couldn't remember all of it, but did a nice job improvising. (her dance included a doll "Baby Mine" from Dumbo. Aliza
She also chose a dance, not from a performance she did, but a song from another class, I'm not sure of the name, but it has her singing about a DATE she is going on
at 8:00. At the very end, it sings it is her DAD she is going out with, and Sam walked up at the right moment.

Jackson
He was being a bit silly, and was doing a somersault like a 2 year old.
So, I jumped in and showed one of many drawings he has done for me......he does a wonderful job.



Sammy

Of course I wanted him to play a song on the piano for us, but he said his "great mind" is his talent. That is very true, but I did show one of his paintings he did in Art class. I think they were learning about shades.
Sam
Being next in line, (yes, I am older than him), he came up with a smirk on his face. He grabbed my hand, pulled me next to him, and bragged that his talent was to get all the cute girls throughout his life. (For those that knew him when he was younger, True? he he)
Becca
My talent, because kids were getting restless, and it was getting late...was being an o.k. baker. Luckily I had made brownies....we all played the "water game" ate brownies and went to bed.



I am thankful for the talents that we are able to use while here on earth. We don't necessarily need to "Perform" talents, but like the story we read, our talents can be of service, helping others, and knowing others needs.
Here's hoping we can all be thankful for our talents, and think about what we have.







6 comments:

Anny said...

Great FHE lesson! Your family is very talented! I think Sam's talent is being super silly though!!!!Brownies even, wow, I am impressed!

Laurel said...

You have such a cute family. You guys look like you really enjoy each other. What a blessing that is. Laughter is under rated by most people.
Adding the slide show was the easiest thing I have done so far. Easier than the signature. Click on my slide show and you'll be practically done! Call with any questions. Thanks for all your help. I absolutely love how blogging keeps us in touch!

kimberly said...

well, i just caught up on reading all your posts and you guys really had a busy fun holiday it looked like. i love the fhe talent show lesson. i get a lot of good ideas from reading yours and anny and kass's blog for family fun time. miss you and your family.

Megan said...

How fun!! I love Sams talent. Just let him know that he got the cutest girl and how lucky is. They always need a good reminder:)

Unknown said...

What a great idea for FHE. Love all of your family's talents.

Kass said...

We're gonna have to steal that idea! So fun. I love how everyone is right on w/ their talents. You could do that FHE all 52 weeks of the year and still not be out of talents for the Pollock fam! Love y'all!