Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sammy's New Sword


O.K. Sammy has a job, which lets him have a checking AND savings account, which lets him have a debit card, which lets him purchase things on-line. Sammy just bought a real sword! It is a Lord of the Rings sword, with the special writing on it and everything. It came with a plaque to hang on the wall, has it gone up there yet? NO!
Every time I pick him up from school, he wonders why I didn't bring it. He took it to piano to show his teacher, he sent a text picture to everyone that has a phone that will take pictures, etc.... So far, it has put a couple of marks in my wall, and put a nice clean slit in Aliza's scripture bag. It isn't a "sharp" sword either.
Aliza is happy to have it in the house. Now, between dad's bear spray, 22 pistol, and the Lord of the Rings sword, we are very protected. Make sure you call first before coming to our house after dark.
But, if you want to see it for real, he is waiting and willing to show it to everyone. He even let the younger kids hold it right after he took it out of the box. WOW!
One thing he told me he could do with his sword was "cut his wedding cake". I can just imagine.....A Lord of the Rings wedding theme.

10 comments:

Laurel said...

Very cool! You guys could make that part of your family skit for the ward activity in February where you get to act out your favorite Book of Mormon story. I'm thinking Ammon or Nephi... Just Kidding. I'm guessing it's not allowed in the church.

Madeline Paige said...

That is so cool.I hope that we see it soon.It looks so awesome.

Unknown said...

I will have to ask Sammy to see it next time I am over. Jake & Colton would think it is sweet. Do you think a chocolate fountain will go with the Lord of the Rings theme at his wedding? (ha,ha)

Megan said...

Oh that's great:) He looks like he sure knows how to use it. Hopefully we won't have any encounters with it when we show up at 2 in the morning or leave at 3. Very Cool!!

Hayley said...

That is AWESOME!

Anny said...

I am laughing Sammy. I tried to hide the text from my kids but they found it and have been online looking for their own swords and asking, "mom how can I earn money"

Thanks a lot. I will feel very protected when we stay next time!

Brock said...

hahaha. Cool Sammy! Where is he working?

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

I am a little leery(SP?) of all the weapons in your home. However, Sammy doesn't strike me as very violent, thank goodness. Hanging it up high sounds like a really good idea!! Hey, I just remembered that I also have a sword in my home! I won't tell you where it is but I might show you when you come down.

Kass said...

Pretty cool Zorro! Can't wait to see it in real life. . . or can I? What else do you do when they earn their own money? Cade just purchased his first pocketknife that looks more like a "switchblade" you'd use in a fight. eek!

Kimberly said...

At least he is planning on getting married. I'm sure his future bride to be will take care of the sword/cake issue when it comes up.