Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mexico

Would you...... drive ALL night (from Montana to SLC), fly with one stop and wait in a 45 minute customs line for.........
THIS?
or this?



Our view was supposed to be the side of another building, but when we checked in, Sam asked if we had a good room. The guy said well, not the greatest. But we could upgrade you to the honeymoon suite that faces the ocean with a sunning deck for only $26.00 a day. We said sure! With no hesitation.




It seems that this has become a yearly thing now. This is our 4th time here in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. The first year we brought the kids and met Anny and Jim and their kids and stayed in an all inclusive resort. We had so much fun. Since then, however, Sam and I have come by ourselves. We've had such a wonderful time. This year we didn't do too much.



The first day we were there, Sam was walking the beach while I was laying out at the pool. They were playing a game and I had to guess how many money chips were in a jar. I guessed 186, then kept laying out. A little while later, they revealed how many were in their. They said...there were 186 and where is Rebecca from Montana? I had my earphones on so didn't hear right away, but then heard, I had to get up walk to where the lady was, and she gave me these things as prizes.......Water bottle (to hold tequila), Frisbee (to hold nachos), a visor (to continue to lay in the sun), and a waterproof container to put around the neck (to hold my candy). It was fun, I got a few cheers.



Sam went to this store last year a few times, and a few more this year. He knows the owners well. This is where we got a few watches that look somewhat real.




I didn't take my camera out much, but we had a nice relaxing time. Sam did get sick for a day and a half (too much sun, maybe dehydrated), but we enjoyed walking the beaches and shopping areas together, going to one of the wards there, saw a fun Fire Dance show that is in a dance club, but can be seen from the beach, and had some great food at the resort.


As much fun and relaxation we had, we were ready to come home and see our kids again. We sure missed them and glad we are home.




8 comments:

Megan said...

What a fun trip. The view is amazing!!
I'm sure your kids were ready for you to come home too. Maybe one of these years we will join you:)

Anny said...

I've been waiting for this post! I love the view from your room! Yes worth it! I'm glad you had a great time and hope next year is our year!

Kass said...

What a fabulous trip! Your room and the view were definitely worth the wait, drive, etc. Yes, next year better be our year :)

Kass said...

What a fabulous trip! Your room and the view were definitely worth the wait, drive, etc. Yes, next year better be our year :)

Laurel said...

So fun!! I'm jealous! Just kidding. I'm glad you guys had so much fun. It's good to have you back. I missed you in the blogging world.

Anonymous said...

You guys definitely don't let any dust gather. Keep up the fun times. I wish I could have been there on the mountain with you all. Love you guys. Aunt Marge

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

You look like a movie star in that last shot!!! So tan and happy! Blond hair blowing in the breeze!! Hunky hottie next to you! I'm glad you had such a fun time!

Kimberly said...

So glad you had a good time, a little jealous too!