Saturday, December 19, 2009

Blessing #48 My Dad, Var Selle

It has been 25 years today, since my dad has left this earth.  I did write a big long post last year about him, but since this year I'm doing the 52 Blessings Project, I had to add my dad as a blessing.  Even though it has been 25 years, my dad still has an impact in my life and how I live it.  This past week I have been reading through his life story that he wrote throughout his life.  He stopped about 1 year before he passed away, ending with his entry on becoming a stake patriarch.  I am so thankful for his writings, I have gotten to know him better, and have started to read some to my kids so they can know their grandpa.  I so wish Sam had a chance to meet him.  I know they would have gotten along so well, they are so much a like (I think anyway).  I was very blessed to have him as a father, even though it was a short 16 years.  I'm thankful for the plan of salvation, and the sacrifice of our Savior,  so that we can all be together as a family again.

2 comments:

Anny said...

I can't believe it has been 25 years. I miss him so much. I love this picture, I might use it!

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

Didn't I marry a hunk, tho? That is a great picture of my sweetheart in his prime. Thank you for your wonderful thoughts and memories of your dad. I sure miss him, too. This year was harder for me than it has been for years. I may get to that 30 year mark yet when I didn't want to be that long a widow.