Sunday, March 21, 2010

State Champion!

What an exciting meet we had in Helena on Friday.  This was the state championship meet. 
 In order to make it to the 3:00 meet, we thought we should leave around 9:00 or so to make sure we got there without stressing out too much.  Of course this was the one day in weeks for a Winter Storm Advisory.  Knowing my husband, I gave ourselves an extra hour in case we were running behind.  Sam had to run a case in to the lab, and was going to be right back.  He, however, had to stay and answer some questions about the case.  9:00 came, he wasn't home.  9:15, not answering his phone (he left it in the car).  9:30, nothing.  9:45...Where is he?  Finally at 9:55 I call the lab to see if he was still there.  He was, he wouldn't have been able to get home for at least another 1/2 hour.  We could not wait that long.  So, Jackson, Maren, and I took off for the meet.  We made it there with an hour to spare.  It was probably good that we didn't go with Sam, because we were going to take the truck, which he drove, (I took the van).  He could only go 65 miles an hour because of a bent rear rod that was shaking the truck terribly.  Even though he was a 1/2 hour behind us, he didn't make it to the meet until an hour after it started.
I was having a hard time getting pictures and video, so after a few shots, I put the camera away, and just enjoyed the meet.  
It was a close meet,  all the boys in his level were getting similar scores.  Jackson took first on the floor and vault, 2nd on high bar, pommel horse, and rings, and 3rd in P-bars.
When it came to All Around scores, he took the gold!  State Champ!  We were so excited and proud of our little boy.
Maren was very adamant about getting Jackson a rose.  I'm glad she did, Jackson really liked it.... even though it was pink.
Congratulations Jacks.  We are so proud of you!
Good Luck at regionals in Oregon!

9 comments:

Zman said...

Nice job Jack! I am so proud to be your cousin right now!!

Megan said...

All we can say is SOOOO Awesome. We are lucky to have you in our family and so proud of you. Keep up the good work and good luck in Oregon!!

Brock said...

WOW Jackson! Congrats! I hope to see you in action one day. Best of luck to you in Oregon.

kimberly said...

those medals look great around his neck and i think the rose is adorable. awesome job jackson. one day i want to watch him in action

Tami and Jared said...

Wow! That is awesome! Tell him congrats and good luck at regionals! (when are they?)

Kass said...

Seriously-I am so lucky to know this soon-to-be-famous gymnast. He already is in my book! Way to go, Jackson! I hope to see you in action soon.

Anny said...

I can't believe I haven't commented yet. I read this last week. I am so excited for you Jackson, you are the man. Congratulations.

Anny said...

I am the grandma and very happy to be Jackson's! This will be my comment only but I will look at all of your blogs, I promise!!!! The pictures turned out great of our boy!

Laurel said...

Congratulations!! That's great! When are you headed to Oregon?