For the past few summers, Anny, Kass, and I, with our kids, have gotten together in Utah for a week and Montana for a week for some planned and sometimes not so planned activities. The kids have enjoyed playing together, reconnecting, and sometimes even arguing :). Us moms/sisters, have enjoyed catching up, laughing, and sharing each other's incites. Last year we decided to give this "get together" a name.
COUSINS CAMP
Last week was the first part of cousins camp in Utah.
THE COUSINS, with grandma, posing for one, of many, cousins pictures.
Here we are, THE COUNSELORS
With the week being hot (90's), we planned lots of water activities.We started off with a trip to Cottonwood Heights pool.
Aliza under the mushroom fountain.
Jackson jumping from the 2nd platform.
Anxiously waiting for the 5 min. break to be over.
Blake, Brynn, and Maren posing while waiting.
We stayed one night at Kass's. A little water was in the pool in the back yard, the kids got swimming suits on after trying not to get their clothes wet.
We were happy to have our cousin, Trina and her three kids, join us for a day. We went to the zoo and the Gateway fountains.



We spent the afternoon and evening up Big Cottonwood Canyon. We strolled around (well, halfway around due to snow on the path) Silver Lake. We headed to a campsite to have tin foil dinners, dutch oven dessert, and smores'. Jim and Mick met us there as well. The kids had fun exploring the outdoors along with scratches, burns, and snowball fights.
Sammy and his two little cousins, Bree and Brooklyn.Brynn, Cade and Maren.
Other favorites of the week:
- Sisters luncheon at Macaroni Grill with mom, Rhonda, Jenna, Anny, Kass, and myself.
- Kids playing with Boston, grandma's dog. Especially tug a war.
- All cousin sleep over, one at Anny's and one at Kass's.
- Morning walks up steep hills.
- Pilates at the Tree House.
- Reading THE HOST until 1:00 or 2:00 a.m.
- OH YES, CAN'T FORGET......SUMMER BRIDGE......EVERY MORNING. The kids FAVORITE thing the whole week!!!


+Becca%27s+Blog+Pic.jpg)


4 comments:
i love the cousin camp title and the counselors. that was cute. what a fun week you had. the pictures are awesome. it's so fun to see all the kids. i hope you enjoy the rest of your camp. i am taking notes of all these great ideas for me and my sisters to use with our kids.
Okay, can I just copy & paste this post to my blog? It looks fabulous! Can't wait for round beginning next week!
I knew you were going to be the first to post. I have been so busy. You did a fabulous job, really! It was such a fun week and I can't wait for cousin's camp, Part II!
Once again I get a little feeling of increased love when I see my children and grandchildren enjoying each other in fun activities. I am thankful that I was able to be just a little part of it. Maybe next year I can do more things with you. A very nice blog and the pictures were great. I especially enjoy the pictures of our three 5yr olds.
Post a Comment