Sunday, December 7, 2008

Anthony and Arial's Wedding

What a privilege it was to be in Idaho for Anthony's wedding.

The day after Thanksgiving, (the BIG shopping day) my four children and I hopped in the car and took a 10 hour drive. It wasn't too bad of a drive, the roads were perfect, the kids were content, and the car ran great. ( just a little Monson for ya) As we were pulling into Boise, fireworks were going off downtown. Boise State University just won their big game in football and will be going to a bowl now. That was very fun to see. I'm just glad we came through when we did to miss the after game traffic. Saturday morning, we went to the 10:30 wedding. It was a beautiful wedding. Both Groom and Bride looked wonderful!


Gary,Christine,Arial,Anthony,Christine's mom Rena, and my mom Janice.

I wonder if Arial and Anthony will continue the "A" names with their children? We'll see.


I was sending some pictures from my phone to Sam so he would know what he was missing. Anny suggested sending him a funny one with us being crazy. I figured I was already crazy, so I just smiled. Anny and Kass weren't too happy with me. :) :)

(don't get mad at me for putting this in girls, see, I am crazy)

After the wedding and luncheon (which was fabulous, the caterers, Gary used to work with, supplied the food in a beautiful building downtown), Anny, Kass and I grabbed our kids and took them to our sister's and dad's graves. Diane was 2 when she passed away due to drowning (I was not born yet) and my dad was a young buck as well, 55, due to heart problems (I was 16 years old). I loved sharing this with my children and telling them stories about their grandpa and aunt that they never met. I remember well coming to this cemetery often while growing up.



Later that night was the reception. I so enjoyed watching my children dance, flirt with the bride and groom, and play with their cousins they barely know.

Alexis (Gary and Christine's daughter) and Maren
Addison (Gary and Christine's son) and Jackson
Becca (Alexis's cousin on other side) and Alexis babysat the kids while we were at the wedding and luncheon. The kids loved them and were hanging on Becca all night.

What a fast trip this was. It took a couple of days to re-coop, but well worth it. I'm glad my kids got to know their uncles Gary and Curt a little more along with Christine and their kids.
I so enjoyed driving through Boise, (squeezed in the back seat with mom, Anny and Kass with Curt driving and Mick) going down memory lane. We each had different and similar memories of this city. I'm glad I get to go back now and again and show my kids were their mom grew up.



4 comments:

Megan said...

How neat! I bet it was fun going back down memory lane and getting to visit the cemetery and most of all having your children see it. Looks like you all had a fun time.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm sure your kids loved it and now they will have the memory of a roady with their mom to share with their kids when they get older!

Kass said...

I seriously love getting together for these events. That was so fun-especially being in the temple & our squished memory lane drive.

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

I'm glad that you want your children to see Memory lane. The tears have started rolling down my cheeks as in two days it will be the 24th anniversary of your dad's death. I strongly feel that he was in the temple with us for Anthony and Ariel's wedding. He would definitely have a fun with and a great love of his grandchildren!